Sex Offense Charges
In Tennessee, allegations of sexually based crimes carry some of the strongest punishments available. Even after a sentence for a sex offense has been served, there are lasting consequences, including placement on a sex-offender registry or lifetime inclusion of the conviction on your criminal background record.
At the firm of Michael J. Flanagan Attorney at Law, we are committed to representing defendants charged with sex offenses with respect and fighting for their due process rights. We work with clients facing investigation or arrest related to the following crimes, among others:
- Sexual assault or aggravated sexual battery
- Engaging in prostitution or soliciting a prostitute
- Child molestation or rape
- Possession or manufacture of child pornography
- Indecent exposure
- Sexual exploitation of a minor (statutory rape)
Steps To Take If You Are Suspected Or Accused Of A Sex Crime
A key element of defending against a sex offense charge is to resist the urge to clear your name in the court of public opinion before an arrest or a trial takes place. Here are some basic guidelines to observe:
- Do not speak to the police about an investigation until you have contacted your attorney.
- Do not consent to searches of your house, property, computer, phone and the like until you have spoken with your lawyer.
- If the investigation of your alleged offense begins in divorce or juvenile court, do not delay contacting legal counsel. Sometimes, we can successfully address the allegation in that venue.
Contact Our Firm To Talk About Your Legal Options
Our firm offers compassionate, nonjudgmental legal representation for all defendants. We serve clients in Nashville, TN, as well as the surrounding area, including Dickson County, Hickman County, Lewis County, Perry County, Cheatham County, Robertson County and Davidson County. Call us at 615-953-8339 or use our online intake form. Se habla Español.